Enjoy the backcountry feeling in our most remote yurt.
Retreat in our magical Mountain Brook Yurt and enjoy this sacred refuge in the forest, under a canopy of trees, and nestle into your private getaway on the slopes of Pleasant Mountain. The sites and sounds of the nearby mountain stream are truly mesmerizing. Our mountain yurt retreat provides all the essentials and especially the opportunity to truly unplug. The Mountain Brook Yurt is accessible year-round by a rugged, sloped footpath following a 5 minute~1000 foot climb.
We had the most incredible retreat at our Mountain Brook Yurt. When we arrived the yurt was clean and ready with jugs of water on hand. The property the yurt is located on is simply quite magical. I would even compare it to an enchanted forest. We had a great time walking on the hiking trails and exploring the mountain brook. We also made use of the wood fired cedar sauna that is on the property, which was truly an experience like no other, and I definitely recommend it. The yurt was indeed very private and exactly what we were looking for on this trip. We will definitely be heading back, perhaps next time in the winter to do some snowshoeing.
The magic, intention and respect of the earth is palpable and deeply felt here. Thank you for sharing and holding space here for life in all of it’s expressions. Beauty, darkness, music, love, fear as we are held by the natural world unfolding all around us. Fall is falling in all of its colorful splendor~reds, yellow, greens, browns…we are so filled with gratitude for just this.
Saturday evening, sipping French wine from a mason jar, listening to the brook as it meanders by, the fire in the wood stove warms my heart. Eckhart Tolle’s wisdom nourishes my soul. For all this~I am blessed! Thank you for sharing this luscious space with us! I will surely be back. Peace, Love and Light.
AMAZING! Beautiful! Peaceful! My boyfriend and I can not stop talking about how amazing our experience was staying in the sunset yurt. The yurt provided us with everything we needed and loved how private it felt. We loved being surrounded by the woods, literally a couple steps away from a trail that lead to the most beautiful mossy waterfall and pools we have been seen. It truly was magical and inspiring. We LOVED the sauna and meditation islands alongside the meditation trail. We feel so grateful to have found this special one of a kind retreat. Thank you Jen!!
This place has created bliss, balance, and clarity that I have not experienced in a long while.
Such an amazing space. A weekend is much too short, but it was a fantastic introduction to living comfortably in nature. The proximity to the sounds of the brook, the sights of the trees and leaves around and above, the feel of the cozy timelessness…wonderful memories I will take down from this hill with me. Many thanks!!!
- private yurt stay (20′ diameter with 4 windows, dome, and tall walls)
- organic teas & locally roasted organic coffee, our very own Maine Morning Micro Roasters Coffee!
- french press, coffee bean grinder and tea pot
- two burner propane stove for simple, basic cooking and meal planning
- kitchen amenities; dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- dish soap, sponge, hand sanitizer, TP
- ice chest for food storage (no ice on site)
- fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- wood stove for warming and cooking
- olive olive lamps and solar lanterns (the yurt has no electricity)
- mountain pure drinking water from our drilled well
- nearby swanky composting toilet
- nearby warm showers at the Pioneer shower room
- maps for private walking/hiking trails on 33 acres along our beautiful spring fed mountain brook and views of the nearby White
- Mountain National Forest
- hammock and camp fire ring
- garden carts and sleds for easy carrying
Mid-Week Wellness Retreat
Make a statement of self-care for you and your loved one(s) by creating your own holistic experience with our Mid-week Wellness Retreat!. This package is sure to restore balance to mind, body, and spirit. This package includes three nights stay in one of our cabins or yurts, a private wood-fired sauna, and THREE healing arts services of your choice…and ALL at a discounted rate! Your time with us will be sure to assist in embodying your wholeness and interconnection with all of life. Included with this package:
- Three nights stay (Sunday-Thursday)
- One hour wood-fired sauna
- Choose Three of the Following Services:
- Guided Meditation
- Guided Snowshoe Hike
- Guided Forest Therapy Session
- The Work of Byron Katie
- Qi Gong
Total Package Cost: $652 (Mt. Brook Yurt lodging.)
(Mid-Week Non-Holiday package.)
(State of Maine lodging tax not included.)