Rent our retreat center to lead your own intimate overnight retreat at our pristine mountain retreat from mid April through mid October, based on availability.
Please note, we prefer that you schedule your retreat anytime other than holiday weekends.
Groups and organizations that have led their own retreats at Nurture Through Nature:
- Rise Up Women’s Retreat with New Jersey’s Gwyneth Heusse & Cheryl Natusch
Kundalini Yoga Women’s Retreat with Kara Seymour & Satpal Kaur
Autumn Equinox Yoga + Ayurveda Retreat w/ Kelly Rich
Return to Self: Maine Weekend Retreat with Wander Freely
- Wilderness First Aid Retreat and Yoga Teacher Training with Backcountry Yoga
Reflection- An Inner Self Love Spring Retreat with Mellanie Shaw
Eco-Friendly Women’s Yoga Retreat: Allow Your Soul to Expand with Willard Beach Studio
Body Bliss~An Autumn Rejuvenation Retreat with Kristy McNaughton & Angela Higgins
- Intro to Tantra Retreat with Kristen Chamberlin
- Women’s Yoga & Yamuna Body Rolling Retreat with
Maura Reminga & Joni Hewitt
- Girl Scouts Summer and Winter Awareness Retreat
- Pre-Wedding Retreat with sauna, yoga, paddle
- Intentional Simplicity Yoga Retreat with Annette Urbschat
- Dancing Out Retreat with Chelsea Cartwrigh
- Wild Women’s Friend Retreat (private group retreat)
- Leap of Faith: A Women’s Wellness Weekend, as led by Annie Poirier
- Ame Wren Summer Yoga Retreat, Boston, 2015 and 2016
- Ananda Marga Maine Summer Yoga Retreat
- Sex of Self retreat led by Dana Fadel & Kellie Ryan, Portland, Maine, 2015 & 2016
- Happy Heart Yoga Retreat as led by Diana Anamaya, Brooklyn, NY
- University of Southern Maine Center for Continuing Education~Retreat for Nurses, Social Workers and Counselors, led by Jen Deraspe, Nurture Through Nature
- Peaceful Heart Sangha Retreat, Brunswick, Maine (2013, ’15, ’17)
- City Mom’s Holistic Winter Retreat as led by Jennifer Schreiner, Boston, MA
- Make Way for Love Holistic Retreat as led by Jaya Lalita, Ithaca, NY
- Coastal Studies for Girls student winter team building field trip, Freeport, Maine
- Tri~County Mental Health staff training; “Self~Care for the Caregiver” as led by Jen Deraspe, Founder
We and participants love you and your magical spot off the grid! Thank you for providing us with this amazing opportunity. What a weekend we all had, thank you so very much!! Your energy is incredible, and we all loved your class on Saturday morning! We would love to come back in the Fall. –Maura Reminga & Joni Hewitt, S Portland, Maine
We have held our Mindfulness Meditation retreats in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh at Nurture Through Nature several times over the years. NTN is a very nourishing, environmentally friendly, beautiful, quiet place to have a retreat! We have used yurts, cabins, & camping – all wonderful! The upstairs Meditation/Yoga Hall has fit very well for our Sitting Meditation, Dharma Talks, Dharma Sharing, and other gatherings. The downstairs fit well for our community meals. The paths for Walking Meditation are gentle and calming. Jen has been a very gracious, flexible, and supportive host. We will be back! –Marty Soule, Peaceful Heart Sangha, Augusta, Maine
As a retreat co-leader, I highly recommend this space to anyone thinking about putting together a retreat. The 33 acres of walking trails, with the brook rolling through, allows for savoring in what Mother Nature has to offer. Having nutritious and delicious meals prepared was so helpful. Harmony cabin was so convenient for myself, and the other co-leader being close to the lodge but also separate. It allowed for reflection and privacy. Having access to the large area in the lodge was the perfect space for our retreat offerings. I can't wait to hold another retreat there in the spring! –Kristy McNaughton, Augusta, Maine
Amazing place and incredible experience! Thank you for grounding us all! We will be back as a troop and independently with our families. –Renee Dugas, Gorham, Maine
Nurture Through Nature is a woodsy getaway that I am delighted to now know about. I was the chef for a yoga retreat there this fall. We had a wonderful long weekend there and enjoyed the solitude, the amazing wood-fired sauna and our helpful host, Jen. We were lucky to have local organic farms supply us with a bounty of produce to cook with. The facility is run on solar power, and the various cabins are adorable! I can't wait to go back. –Paco Rodriguez, Connecticut
Every aspect of the process of running my own retreat at Nurture through Nature was straightforward and well-supported. I am satisfied on all accounts and would recommend the retreat center to anyone wishing to run their own retreat there! –Annette Urbschat, Maine
Kellie and I found Nurture Through Nature an incredibly intentional, clean, and accessible space for us as retreat leaders and for our participants. In our survey of the space, every participant (there were 8 of them) "Strongly Agreed" that the NTN retreat center was accommodating and suited the retreat topic well. Here is what one participant had to say: "Everything about NTN was fabulous!! especially the FOOD. And Jen's warmth and welcome." We could not have been happier with the accommodations as they suited everyone's needs really well. Jen, in particular, always made herself available to us and our participants. She held a safe container so that we facilitators could do our work holding a safe container for our participants. –Dana Fadel and Kellie Ryan, Portland, Maine
The retreat was fabulous. Everything workout better than I imagined. Food was great, and nice not to have to worry about that. They all want to come back for another one! You may get a couple weekend stays from the participants. I will definitely come back. –Annie P, Manchester, NH
From the bottom of my heart thank you so much for an experience that truly felt like a dream. You are the most incredible hosts, warm and kind, I could ever imagine. From the sauna, to the waters, the views and the attention to detail and palpable love you have for the land you have created an oasis, a jewel, a necessity and a home. Jen Deraspe, thank you for honoring earth and our mother, thank you for being so present and generous, and for creating such a sacred and healing place for people. There are no words to express just how much you moved us, and just how special Nurture Through Nature is. –Diana Anamaya, Brooklyn, NY
What we provide at Nurture Through Nature Eco~Retreat Center:
- Mt Pleasant Lodge: Sleeps 6 in (hand~crafted, spacious) bunks with seasonal running water.
- Sunset Yurt: Sleeps 2-3: 1-2 in queen futon & 1 in single cot
- Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin: Sleeps 3-4 guests: 2 in bunks & 1-2 in full/double (real) bed. Has solar~powered electricity.
- Mountain Brook Yurt: Sleeps 4-6: 1-2 in queen futon, “twin over full/double” bunk bed (1-3 guests) and 1 single (real) bed
- Private retreat leader housing in Harmony Eco-Cabin for 1-3 retreat leaders~cabin has solar~powered electricity and wi-fi
- Walk~in tent sites – 3 sites available
- Wood~Fired Sauna private appointment optional service (accommodates 20 guests)
- Private hiking trails and walking meditation loop
- Magical, spring~fed mountain brook with dipping pools, natural massage pools and granite sleuths
- Healing Arts services on site for optional add~on services
- Yoga~Meditation~Healing Arts studio for your group (24′ x 28′ open, sunny space)
- 12 yoga mats, 14 yoga blankets, 15 blocks, 18 bolsters and 21 back jack style chairs
- Solar~Powered Electricity~unplug and practice simplicity
- Wood-stove heat in all cabins, yurts and the lodge
- Hybrid solar hot shower room
- Two seasonal, outdoor showers
- Retreat chef or option to prepare your own meals
- Two composting toilet systems (we are ‘ultimate composters’~re~creating fertile soil to grow flowers and trees through our guests’ contributions 🙂
Minimum participant group size for overnight retreats with meals:
6 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders (Mt Pleasant Lodge & Harmony Cabin)
Maximum group size for overnight retreats with meals:
15 ( everyone in their own bed) to 19 retreat participants (if 4 share queen or full/double beds) plus 1-3 retreat leaders.
In addition, we have 2 primitive camping sites bringing your total group size to 21, including staff, with some sharing beds.
We have a two night minimum for group retreats.
Cost for shared accommodations and private group sauna session:
- $55 per person per night in cabins and yurts
- $52 per person per night in bunk/Mt Pleasant Lodge
- $30 per person per night in tent~limited to 2 campers
- $15 per person for private group sauna session added to participant package price (6 person minimum for discounted rate and there is no charge for staff)
- $5 per person per night for kitchen utility fee if you provide your own retreat chef
- Please note, the first 6 participants and 1-3 staff/retreat leaders will stay in the Mt Pleasant Lodge and the adjacent Harmony Eco~Cabin.
- If you opt to offer a commuter rate for your participants, the cost is $25 per person per day.
(Prices do not include 9% State of Maine lodging tax.)
Cost breakdown for Nurture Through Nature providing your retreat meals:
Based on 5 meals beginning with Friday dinner & ending with Sunday breakfast.
- If your group size is 6 people: $125 per person
- If your group size is 7-9 people: $117 per person
- If your group size is 10-13 people: $107 per person plus one retreat leader’s meals and accommodations are complimentary.
- If your group size is 14-21 people: $105 per person for meals plus two retreat leaders’ meals and accommodations are complimentary.
(Prices do not include 8% State of Maine meals tax.)
Deposit: $300 with anticipated group size of 6 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Price includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge and Harmony Eco-Cabin)
Deposit: *$400 with anticipated group size of 7-9 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin and Sunset Yurt)
*If group size drops below 8 retreat participants, $300 of the $400 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
Deposit: **$500 with anticipated group size of 10-13 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin, Sunset Yurt & Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin)
**If retreat participant group size drops below 11, $400 of the $500 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
Deposit: ***$700 with anticipated group size of 14 or more retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin, Sunset Yurt, Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin and Mt Brook Yurt)
***If retreat participant group size drops below 12, $500 of the $700 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
1. Find a date that works for you between mid-April and mid-Oct, based on availability by checking our current calendar .
2. Let us know your projected group size, dates, and if you want meals provided.
3. Send in your deposit to:
Nurture Through Nature
77 Warren Rd
Denmark, ME, 04022
4. Balance is due 14 days prior to retreat start date unless otherwise arranged. Additional participants may register up to 3 days prior, based on availability. Retreat leader may pay remainder of balance upon day of arrival for any late registrants.
5. Retreat leader manages registrations for their group, including confirmation details & participant payments. Retreat leaders must communicate special dietary restrictions for participants up to 4 days prior to retreat start dates so we can plan menu accordingly.
6. Once your deposit is received, Nurture Through Nature will promote your retreat or workshop on our Facebook page and website calendar. We ask that you initially create the Facebook event and invite Nurture Through Nature to co-host.
7. Check in is 2pm on day of arrival and check out time by noon on your final day.
8. We ask you to share our logo and website in all of your promotional materials to direct people to our facilities so they are clear about our amenities and earth~friendly practices.
9. Nurture Through Nature’s medical form and liability waiver is required for staff and participants to be completed upon arrival.
10. We will email you our suggested packing list and template confirmation letter that you may send to your participants.
50% of your deposit is refunded if your retreat is cancelled greater than 60 days from retreat start date. No refund is given if your retreat is cancelled within 60 days of retreat start date. If retreat leader cancels retreat due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances within 60 days of retreat start date, by request and based on availability, retreat leaders may use their deposit towards a personal retreat on the same dates as their scheduled group retreat in one of our available cabins or yurts. The deposit is applied towards accommodations only for a 2 night stay. No added services or meals are provided in this case. There will be no credit for remaining balance paid.
*Please note: Nurture Through Nature reserves the right to rent a yurt or cabin not being used by your group retreat.
Added services available to enrich your retreat for participants:
Please check out our outdoor adventure and healing arts services sure to make your retreat memorable. Jen Deraspe, the founder, seasoned retreat leader and Qi Gong and Hatha Yoga instructor, offers a unique and appreciated approach to yoga by infusing Qi Gong, free movement, inspiring music as well as opening and closing chanting with her Harmonium. Leaders are invited to to add diversity to their offerings by including Jen in their curriculum. Her rate is $75 per class.
You may want to add a guided canoeing excursion to your offering. Jen can take your group on a beautiful nearby waterway beginning and ending at a gorgeous covered bridge. Paddle along a river to a pond surrounded by mountains to a white sand beach for a picnic, swim and practice. The flat rate group cost for this is $300 and includes all equipment. Plan for about 4 hours for this adventure.
About our meals: We provide freshly made farm to table vegetarian meals with seasonal, organic ingredients when available. All of our meals are gluten and soy-free and vegan friendly. We have amazing drinking water on site and fresh roasted organic coffee by yours truly as well as a variety of teas. You can count on balanced, healthy, whole foods prepared with love.
Please honor our request: We ask that all of our guests not bring any plastic water bottles or battery operated candles to our retreat. Please join us in our boycott of Nestle Waters International aka Poland Spring Water Company.
Added services available to enrich your retreat for participants:
Please check out our unique outdoor adventure and healing arts services sure to make your retreat memorable.
Please contact us if you would like us to host your group retreat, workshop or gathering at our beautiful, inspiring, earth~friendly retreat center, only an hour from Portland and Freeport, two hours from Portsmouth, 3 hours from Boston and
only 5 hours from Brooklyn!
Nurture Through Nature, LLC, hosts many healing arts practitioners who offer their services in retreat, workshop or class formats. Hosting independent practitioners or consultants does not imply our endorsement or any affiliation with any particular individual or organization.