We rent our retreat center for yoga and healing arts leaders to lead their own intimate overnight retreat or day workshop at our pristine mountain retreat from the last weekend April through the last weekend in October, based on availability.
Please note, we prefer that you schedule your retreat anytime other than holiday weekends.
Groups and organizations that have led their own retreats at Nurture Through Nature:
- Intro to Tantra Retreat with Kristen Chamberlin
- Women’s Yoga & Yamuna Body Rolling Retreat with
Maura Reminga & Joni Hewitt
- Girl Scouts Summer Awareness Retreat
- Pre-Wedding Retreat with sauna, yoga, paddle
- Intentional Simplicity Yoga Retreat with Annette Urbschat
- Dancing Out Retreat with Chelsea Cartwright
- Freeport Yoga and Running Group Retreat
- Wild Women’s Friend Retreat (private group retreat)
- Leap of Faith: A Women’s Wellness Weekend, as led by Annie Poirier
- Ame Wren Summer Yoga Retreat, Boston, 2015 and 2016
- Ananda Marga Maine Summer Yoga Retreat
- Sex of Self retreat led by Dana Fadel & Kellie Ryan, Portland, Maine, 2015 & 2016
- Happy Heart Yoga Retreat as led by Diana Anamaya, Brooklyn, NY
- University of Southern Maine Center for Continuing Education~Retreat for Nurses, Social Workers and Counselors, led by Jen Deraspe, Nurture Through Nature
- Peaceful Heart Sangha Retreat, Brunswick, Maine
- Tired Mom’s Holistic Winter Retreat as led by Jennifer Schreiner, Boston, MA
- Make Way for Love Holistic Retreat as led by Jaya Lalita, Ithaca, NY
- Coastal Studies for Girls student winter team building field trip, Freeport, Maine
- Tri~County Mental Health staff training; “Self~Care for the Caregiver” as led by Jen Deraspe, Founder of Nurture Through Nature retreat center
We and participants love you and your magical spot off the grid! Thank you for providing us with this amazing opportunity. What a weekend we all had, thank you so very much!! Your energy is incredible, and we all loved your class on Saturday morning! We would love to come back in the Fall. –Maura Reminga & Joni Hewitt, S Portland, Maine
Amazing place and incredible experience! Thank you for grounding us all! We will be back as a troop and independently with our families. –Renee Dugas, Gorham, Maine
The Robin’s Nest cabin is a great place to disconnect from work and enjoy nature in a very cozy cabin. Our kids loved to explore the forest. Highly recommended! Plus, the area around the cabin is full if hikes and child-friendly river and lake beaches. Great farms and organic products in the area completed our weekend with the kids in Denmark, Maine. –Rodolpho, NY, NY
Nurture Through Nature is a woodsy getaway that I am delighted to now know about. I was the chef for a yoga retreat there this fall. We had a wonderful long weekend there and enjoyed the solitude, the amazing wood-fired sauna and our helpful host, Jen. We were lucky to have local organic farms supply us with a bounty of produce to cook with. We picked the right time of year. The facility is run on solar power, and the various cabins are adorable! The next time I return to will be for a personal mini-retreat, or better yet, to cook on one of the wood-fired ovens there. I can't wait to go back. –Paco Rodriguez, Connecticut
Every aspect of the process of running my own retreat at Nurture through Nature was straightforward and well-supported. I am satisfied on all accounts and would recommend the retreat center to anyone wishing to run their own retreat there! –Annette Urbschat, Maine
Kellie and I found Nurture Through Nature an incredibly intentional, clean, and accessible space for us as retreat leaders and for our participants. In our survey of the space, every participant (there were 8 of them) "Strongly Agreed" that the NTN retreat center was accommodating and suited the retreat topic well. Here is what one participant had to say: "Everything about NTN was fabulous!! especially the FOOD. And Jen's warmth and welcome." We could not have been happier with the accommodations as they suited everyone's needs really well. Jen, in particular, always made herself available to us and our participants. She held a safe container so that we facilitators could do our work holding a safe container for our participants. –Dana Fadel and Kellie Ryan, Portland, Maine
The retreat was fabulous. Everything workout better than I imagined. Food was great, and nice not to have to worry about that. They all want to come back for another one! You may get a couple weekend stays from the participants. I will definitely come back. Thank you again, please let me know how things are for you. If you need a short term caretaker keep me in mind! –Annie P, Manchester, NH
From the bottom of my heart thank you so much for an experience that truly felt like a dream. You are the most incredible hosts, warm and kind, I could ever imagine. From the sauna, to the waters, the views and the attention to detail and palpable love you have for the land you have created an oasis, a jewel, a necessity and a home. Jen Deraspe, thank you for honoring earth and our mother, thank you for being so present and generous, and for creating such a sacred and healing place for people. There are no words to express just how much you moved us, and just how special Nurture Through Nature is. We are forever indebted and we are forever changed. –Diana Anamaya, Brooklyn, NY
What we provide at Nurture Through Nature Eco~Retreat Center:
- Mt Pleasant Lodge: Sleeps 6 in (hand~crafted, spacious) bunks with seasonal running water.
- Sunset Yurt: Sleeps 2-3: 1-2 in shared queen futon & 1 in single cot
- Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin: Sleeps 3-4 guests: 2 in bunks & 1-2 in full sized (real) bed. Has solar~powered electricity.
- Mountain Brook Yurt: Sleeps 4-6: 1-2 in shared queen futon, ” twin over full (1-2 guests)” bunk bed and 1 single bed
- Private retreat leader housing in Harmony Eco-Cabin for 2-3 retreat leaders~cabin has solar~powered electricity and wi-fi!
- Back country primitive camping~limited to 2 sites (tents provided by request).
- Wood~Fired Sauna private appointment optional service (accommodates 20 guests)
- Private hiking trails and walking meditation loop
- Magical, spring~fed mountain brook with dipping pools, natural massage pools and granite sleuths
- Healing Arts services on site for optional add~on services
- Yoga~Meditation~Healing Arts studio for your group (24′ x 28′ open, sunny space)
- Every Saturday, 10-11:15am; Mindful Hatha Yoga with Jen, the founder, of which you may incorporate into your retreat programming as an option.
- Back Jack seating, bolsters, blocks, yoga mats and blankets
- Solar~Powered Electricity~unplug and practice simplicity
- Wood-stove heat in all cabins, yurts and the lodge
- Hybrid hot water/hot shower room
- Two seasonal, open~air showers
- Retreat chef or option to prepare your own meals
- Two composting toilet systems (we are ‘ultimate composters’~re~creating fertile soil to grow flowers and trees through our guests’ contributions 🙂
Minimum participant group size for overnight retreats with meals:
6 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders
Maximum participant group size for overnight retreats with meals:
15 (in own bed)-19 retreat participants (if some share queen or full sized beds) plus 1-3 retreat leaders
We have a two night minimum for group retreats.
We have two primitive camping sites with tent provided by request.
Maximum group size, including staff: 24 (with some sharing beds and two campers).
Cost for shared accommodations and private group sauna session:
(Prices include State of Maine lodging tax.)
- $52 per person per night in cabins and yurts
- $47 per person per night in bunk/Mt Pleasant Lodge
- $30 per person per night in tent (tent provided) ~limited to 2 campers
- $10 per person for private group sauna session added to participant package price (6 person minimum for discounted rate and there is no charge for staff)
- $5 per person per night for kitchen usage fee if you provide your own retreat chef
- Please note, unless otherwise arranged and agreed upon, the first 6 participants and 1-3 staff/retreat leaders will stay in the Mt Pleasant Lodge and the adjacent Harmony Eco~Cabin.
- If you opt to offer a commuter rate for your participants, the cost is $25 per person per day.
Cost breakdown for Nurture Through Nature providing your retreat meals:
Based on 5 meals beginning with Friday dinner & ending with Sunday breakfast. (Prices include State of Maine meals tax.)
- If your group size is 6 people: $122 per person
- If your group size is 7-9 people: $114 per person
- If your group size is 10-13 people: $104 per person plus one retreat leader’s meals and accommodations are complimentary.
- If your group size is 14-22 people: $102 per person for meals plus two retreat leaders’ meals and accommodations are complimentary.
Deposit: $300 with anticipated group size of 6 retreat participants
plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge and Harmony Eco-Cabin)
Deposit: *$400 with anticipated group size of 8 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin and Sunset Yurt)
*If group size drops below 8 retreat participants, $300 of the $400 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
Deposit: **$500 with anticipated group size of 11 retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin, Sunset Yurt & Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin)
**If retreat participant group size drops below 11, $400 of the $500 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
Deposit: ***$700 with anticipated group size of 12 or more retreat participants plus 1-3 retreat leaders/staff:
(Includes reservation of Mt Pleasant Lodge, Harmony Eco-Cabin, Sunset Yurt, Robin’s Nest Eco-Cabin and Mt Brook Yurt)
***If retreat participant group size drops below 12, $500 of the $700 deposit will be used towards the balance due.
1. Find a date that works for you, based on availability by checking our current calendar .
2. Let us know your projected group size, dates, and if you want meals provided.
3. Send in your deposit to:
Nurture Through Nature
77 Warren Rd
Denmark, ME, 04022
4. Balance is due 14 days prior to retreat start date unless otherwise arranged. Additional participants may register up to 3 days prior, based on availability. Retreat leader may pay remainder of balance upon day of arrival for any late registrants.
5. Retreat leader manages registrations for their group, including confirmation details & participant payments.
6. Once your deposit is received, Nurture Through Nature will promote your retreat or workshop on our Facebook page and website calendar.
7. Check in is 2pm on day of arrival and check out time by noon on your final day.
8. We ask you to share our logo and website in all of your promotional materials to direct people to our facilities so they are clear about our amenities and earth~friendly practices.
9. Nurture Through Nature’s medical form and liability waiver is required for staff and participants to be completed upon arrival.
10. We will email you our suggested packing list and template confirmation letter that you may send to your participants.
50% of your deposit is refunded if your retreat is cancelled greater than 60 days from retreat start date. No refund is given if your retreat is cancelled within 60 days of retreat start date. If retreat leader cancels retreat due to low enrollment or unforeseen circumstances within 60 days of retreat start date, by request and based on availability, retreat leaders may use their deposit towards a personal retreat on the same dates as their scheduled group retreat in one of our available cabins or yurts. The deposit is applied towards accommodations only for a 2 night stay. No added services or meals are provided in this case. There will be no credit for remaining balance paid.
*Please note: Nurture Through Nature reserves the right to rent a yurt or cabin not being used by your group retreat.
Added services available to enrich your retreat for participants:
Please check out our outdoor adventure and healing arts services sure to make your retreat memorable. Jen Deraspe, the founder and seasoned retreat leaders and yoga instructor, offers a unique and appreciated approach to yoga by infusing Qi Gong, free movement, inspiring music as well as opening and closing chanting with the Harmonium. Leaders are invited to to add diversity to their offerings by including Jen in their curriculum. Her rate is $75 per class.
About our meals: We provide freshly made, vegetarian meals sourced from local farms, with seasonal, organic ingredients when available. We have amazing drinking water on site and fresh roasted organic coffee by yours truly as well as a variety of teas. You can count on balanced, healthy, whole foods prepared with love. We easily accommodate to gluten intolerance and can make dairy optional.
Added services available to enrich your retreat for participants:
Please check out our unique outdoor adventure and healing arts services sure to make your retreat memorable.
Please contact us if you would like us to host your group retreat, workshop or gathering at our beautiful, inspiring, earth~friendly retreat center, only an hour from Portland and Freeport, two hours from Portsmouth, 3 hours from Boston and
only 5 hours from Brooklyn!