Experience your own earth-friendly R & R retreat in Sunset Yurt!
Sunset Yurt is tucked up on a knoll in the forest on 33 private mountainside acres at Nurture Through Nature. Sunset Yurt offers westerly views through the tree tops, a unique retreat for contemplation, reflection and art. Our inspiration at Nurture Through Nature is to create spaces for private, peaceful refuge within the forest, surrounded by nature’s beauty. Unplug into your own private off the grid retreat on the slopes of Pleasant Mountain. Make this your base for outdoor recreation and eco~adventures. The Sunset Yurt is accessible by foot along a rugged, sloped trail; a short climb to your own private sanctuary.
- private yurt stay for 1-3 guests (16 foot diameter with 4 windows, dome and tall walls)
- queen pull~out futon and single cot
- fully furnished
- organic teas & locally roasted organic coffee, our very own Maine Morning Micro Roasters Coffee!
- french press, coffee bean grinder and tea pot
- two burner propane stove for basic cooking and meal planning
- kitchen amenities; dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- dish soap, sponge, hand sanitizer
- ice chest for food storage (no ice on site)
- fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- wood stove for warming and cooking
- warm showers located at Pioneer shower room
- mountain pure drinking water from our drilled well
- nearby swanky composting toilet and seasonal open~air shower
- maps for private walking/hiking trails on 33 acres along our beautiful spring fed mountain brook and views of the nearby White Mountain National Forest
- hammock, picnic table and camp fire ring
Enjoy the back country feeling with easy access…A short climb by foot…We provide garden carts and harnessed sleds for easy carrying.
Sign up for our Wellness Package and save!
A 3 night getaway sure to restore your mind, body and spirit! Relax into your personal retreat by grounding and releasing stress and tension with owner and founder Jen Deraspe’s unique Qi Gong infused Hatha Yoga followed by guided meditation. On day two, experience our regionally recognized and highly acclaimed wood-fired sauna for a private hour long session for deep relaxation and restoration. Enjoy our private hiking trails & walking meditation loop or just relax in the hammock, around your camp fire or near our mesmerizing mountain brook.
Mid-week cost: $420
Thurs-Sunday cost: $438
(Rate does not include State of Maine lodging tax.)
Did you know that two sisters, Mer and Jen, run this retreat and also are partners in a local coffee roasting company, Maine Morning Micro Roasters? You can purchase our conscious coffee right on site but only if you’re a true coffee lover. You also can take us home with you by joining our coffee club 🙂