This cabin was the first dwelling to be built at Nurture Through Nature and served the founders as the primary residence and living experiment with pioneering a new, simpler way of life off the grid. The Pioneer Cabin is now being made available for short term retreat rentals and retreat group cooking and dining.
The Pioneer Cabin is our premier, most private, spacious eco-cabin; offering a woodsy blend of beauty and luxury; green living at its finest, with a conscious carbon footprint. Its located on an elevated, sunny knoll at the very center of the retreat land where you will be enveloped in nature and sky. Enjoy a backcountry feeling and allow yourself to unplug and rest.
- Privacy, southern exposure, maximized natural lighting
- One bedroom, loft, open living and kitchen/dining area
- Space for yoga and meditation
- Slate, cork, mahogany, Norway pine and tile flooring throughout
- Solar hot water for showers, dishes
- Nearby composting toilet, aka “The Vortex”; indoor toilet for “pee only”
- Full bath with washing machine
- Clothes rack and clothes line for drying
- Heated by glass front wood stove and beautiful Amish wood cook stove with oven and cook top
- Four burner propane range for back up and summer cooking
- Solar powered electricity
- Full kitchen amenities; fridge, dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- French press, coffee bean grinder, tea pot
- Organic coffee and teas
- Dish soap, sponges, toilet paper
- Fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- Pure drinking water from amazing well on site
- Private hiking and snowshoeing trails out your cabin door
- Hammock, camp chairs, picnic table and camp fire ring
- WiFi by request
- This cabin is located at the top of our gravel access road. Access by vehicle is seasonal and at your own risk. We recommend access by foot or AWD/4WD high clearance vehicles only. Please plan/pack accordingly.
Please note: A separate shower room with private access is also a part of this cabin for other guests to shower within.
ALSO, this cabin is currently owner~occupied and available on occasion for a 3 night minimum stay. It is requested that personal items, including pantry food storage, be left as is with respect for owner.
We provide garden carts and harnessed sleds for easy carrying.