This cabin was the first dwelling to be built at Nurture Through Nature and serves the founder as the primary residence and living experiment with pioneering a new, simpler way of life off the grid. The Pioneer Cabin is now being made available.
The Pioneer Cabin is our premier, most private, spacious eco-cabin; offering a woodsy blend of beauty and luxury; green living at its finest, with a conscious carbon footprint. Its located on an elevated, sunny knoll at the very center of the retreat land where you will be enveloped in nature and sky. Enjoy a backcountry feeling and allow yourself to unplug and rest.
- Privacy, southern exposure, maximized natural lighting
- 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom loft, open living and kitchen/dining area
- Space for yoga and meditation
- Slate, cork, mahogany, Norway pine and tile flooring throughout
- Solar hot water for showers, dishes
- Nearby composting toilet and indoor toilet for “pee only”
- Full bath with tub/shower and sink
- Heated by glass front wood stove and beautiful Amish wood cook stove with oven and cook top
- Gas range
- Solar powered electricity
- Full kitchen amenities; fridge, dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- French press, coffee bean grinder, tea pot
- Locally roasted organic coffee and teas
- Dish soap, sponges, toilet paper
- Fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- Pure drinking water from amazing well on site
- Private hiking and snowshoeing trails out your cabin door
- Hammock, picnic table and camp fire ring
- Large deck on western side of cabin, great for sunsets through the tree tops
- Free WiFi
- This cabin is located at the top of our gravel access road. Access by vehicle is seasonal and at your own risk. We recommend access by foot or AWD/4WD high clearance vehicles only. Please plan/pack accordingly.
Please note: A separate shower room with private access is also a part of this cabin for other guests to shower within.
This cabin is currently owner~occupied unless being rented. It is requested that personal items, including pantry food storage, be left as is with respect for owner.
We provide garden carts and sleds for easy carrying. Its approximately 5 minutes climb up to this very private cabin.