Experience your own earth-friendly R & R retreat in
Mountain Brook Yurt!
Enjoy the back country feeling in our most remote yurt. Retreat in our magical Mountain Brook Yurt and enjoy this sacred refuge in the forest, under a canopy of trees, and nestle into your private getaway on the slopes of Pleasant Mountain. The sites and sounds of the nearby mountain stream are truly mesmerizing. Our mountain yurt retreat provides all the essentials and especially the opportunity to truly unplug. The Mountain Brook Yurt is accessible year round by a rugged, sloped foot path following a 5 minute~1000 foot climb.
What people say:
Such an amazing space. A weekend is much too short, but it was a fantastic introduction to living comfortably in nature. The proximity to the sounds of the brook, the sights of the trees and leaves around and above, the feel of the cozy timelessness...wonderful memories I will take down from this hill with me. Many thanks!!! –Susan H, Cape Cod
This place has created bliss, balance, and clarity that I have not experienced in a long while. Peacefully yours, –Kent, Portland
- AMAZING! Beautiful! Peaceful 🙂 My boyfriend and I can not stop talking about how amazing our experience was staying in the sunset yurt. The yurt provided us with everything we needed and loved how private it felt. We loved being surrounded by the woods, literally a couple steps away from a trail that lead to the most beautiful mossy waterfall and pools we have been seen. It truly was magical and inspiring. We LOVED the sauna and meditation islands alongside the meditation trail. We feel so grateful to have found this special one of a kind retreat. Thank you Jen!! –Rachel Nachum, Kansas City
Saturday evening, sipping French wine from a mason jar, listening to the brook as it meanders by, the fire in the wood stove warms my heart. Eckhart Tolle's wisdom nourishes my soul. For all this~I am blessed! Thank you for sharing this luscious space with us! I will surely be back. Peace, Love and Light~ –Jo, Portland
The magic, intention and respect of the earth is palpable and deeply felt here. Thank you for sharing and holding space here for life in all of it's expressions. Beauty, darkness, music, love, fear as we are held by the natural world unfolding all around us. Fall is falling in all of its colorful splendor~reds, yellow, greens, browns...we are so filled with gratitude for just this. –Love, Larat and Jay
We had the most incredible retreat at our Mountain Brook Yurt. When we arrived the yurt was clean and ready with jugs of water on hand. The property the yurt is located on is simply quite magical. I would even compare it to an enchanted forest. We had a great time walking on the hiking trails and exploring the mountain brook. We also made use of the wood fired cedar sauna that is on the property, which was truly an experience like no other, and I definitely recommend it. The yurt was indeed very private and exactly what we were looking for on this trip. We will definitely be heading back, perhaps next time in the winter to do some snowshoeing. –Ruth Christianson, New York
- private yurt stay (20′ diameter with 4 windows, dome and tall walls)
- organic teas & locally roasted organic coffee, our very own Maine Morning Micro Roasters Coffee!
- french press, coffee bean grinder and tea pot
- two burner propane stove for simple, basic cooking and meal planning
- kitchen amenities; dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- dish soap, sponge, hand sanitizer, TP
- ice chest for food storage (no ice on site)
- fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- wood stove for warming and cooking
- olive olive lamps and solar lanterns (the yurt has no electricity)
- mountain pure drinking water from our drilled well
- nearby swanky composting toilet
- nearby warm showers at the Pioneer shower room
- maps for private walking/hiking trails on 33 acres along our beautiful spring fed mountain brook and views of the nearby White Mountain National Forest
- hammock and camp fire ring
- garden carts and sleds for easy carrying
Maine Off Grid Summer Adventure Wellness Camp!
Sunday to Sunday, based on availability, June-September
Seven days with seven adventures!
*Three hour guided river and lake canoe excursion or sailing adventure on nearby Moose Pond
*Primitive wilderness living skills with Registered Maine Guide
*Self-guided day hike on our private mountain retreat trails
*Private wood-fired sauna session
*Private Qi Gong~Yoga session
*Pond/River swimming adventures
*Camp fire s’mores under the stars
Package cost: $1070 (Rate does not include State of Maine lodging tax.)
Rainy Day Option: Farm to Table cooking class with Mer! Add $100. Includes meal, based on 4 people.
Sign up for our Wellness Package and save!
A 3 night getaway sure to restore your mind, body and spirit! Relax into your personal retreat by grounding and releasing stress and tension with owner and founder Jen Deraspe’s unique Qi Gong infused Hatha Yoga followed by guided meditation. On day two, experience our regionally recognized and highly acclaimed wood-fired sauna for a private hour long session for deep relaxation and restoration. Enjoy our private hiking trails & walking meditation loop or just relax in the hammock, around your camp fire or near our mesmerizing mountain brook. On day three, meander through the forest to re-establish a truer sense of overall health and well-being with our certified Forest Therapy Guide, Megan-Mack.
Mid-week cost: $510
Thurs-Sunday cost: $525
(Rate does not include State of Maine lodging tax.)
Did you know that two sisters, Mer and Jen, run this retreat and also are partners in a local coffee roasting company, Maine Morning Micro Roasters? You can purchase our conscious coffee right on site but only if you’re a true coffee lover. You also can take us home with you by joining our coffee club 🙂